<VV> Racing early 'vairs (was NASCAR)

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 14:22:02 EDT 2006

I tried this yesterday and, for some unknown reason, that evil "mailer
demon" bounced it back to me.  If at first you don't succeed....

 I looked into my own  collection of articles, etc. and found that the
"Corvairs in Track Suits"  article appeared several years after the fact in Special
Interest Autos May-June  1974.  According to the article, at  Continental
Divide Raceway near Denver in November 1959, Don Allen Chevrolet  fielded a team
of Corvairs.  Mention  is made of this event in an article entitled “Corvairs
in Track Suits” by  Richard A. Miner.  The article mentions the cars going up
against Volvos,  Renaults, Valiants, Falcons, etc.  I don't know much about
racing and don't  know whether that was a NASCAR event but I doubt it.  If anyone
comes  across any article about the Daytona event, please share it with us.

~Bill  Stanley