<VV> Franklin (sort of Vair)

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 18:03:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/2/2006 3:27:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

SNIP<<Anyway, the description includes this line, ".....  America's only
truly
successful gasoline-powered motor car incorporating  an air-cooled engine.">>
SNIP
<<Since Franklins were luxury cars, perhaps Mr.  Sinclair does not consider
the
Corvair to be a "motor car" OR does not  consider it to have been
"successful"?>>

JR,
I think production total of all Franklins was under 250,000 (going off my
faulty memory, so I could be off a few hundred grand)... but that was for 32
years worth. Odds are he was going by the number of years available, and not the
 quantity of "quality vehicles" produced...
BTW, I think Franklins are awesome... I'd love to have one... if I was
independently wealthy...
;-)
Just imagine if we had 32 years worth of Corvair variations to choose
from... we'd have over 6 million cars to choose from!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg