Fwd: <VV> Oil change-no vair/European change intervals

BigD darrenvvagazio at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 11:08:47 EDT 2006

The '98 Golf I owned only stated to change it at 5K (no sooner), 10K, 20K and so on. It also had a 100000 mile powertrain warranty. I don't recall seeing any alternative oil change schedule.
-Darren

HallGrenn at aol.com wrote:the last VW
manual I saw recommended shorter change intervals for stop and go driving.  It
is true that vehicles with a large oil sump like the Boxster have longer
intervals than other cars, but oil life is based on use and abuse--and lots of short
trips, long idling and dusty conditions shorten the life of oil.