<VV> convertible tops

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun Sep 3 20:24:44 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <MarPack57 at aol.com>

> On my wifes 63 convertible there is a small tear over the drivers head (of
> course) which quite naturally leaks on your head. The top will be replaced
> eventually but is in otherwise good shape. Need suggestions on patching it
for the
> time being.
>   Ed in Fla
************
There is some stuff around called " SHOE GOO " which will stick anything to
anything ... I believe it's a urethane glue, is gooey at first, takes about
1/2 hour to get more solid, and overnight to get real strong; it remains
flexible forever tho.

You need a patching material, if your top is sorta rotten, I would cut a
rectangle of screen wire and glue it on for strength, then put on a cosmetic
patch over that.

The last tube of SG I got from the shoe dept at walmart.  I have even
patched lawn mower junk plastic tank cracks with it, about 3 coats and it
holds for a year or two ... keeps gasoline IN.  Oh, do not scratch personal
parts or wipe sweat away with GOOEY fingers ... use mixer sticks etc. to
plop it on with.

Think of SG as bathtub calk on steroids ... we even use it on our toy car
bodies *before* crashing ... holds them together even if the lexan cracks.
A Mazing stuff.

hope this helps, ken campbell, all gooey in Iowuh