<VV> RE: Backup generators no corvair

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Sun Sep 3 22:42:58 EDT 2006

We have a 13kw generac Guardian. Propane or NG powered.

Nice to have is automated transfer switching and auto-start.  Unit starts up
automatically about 30 seconds after power goes out.  Power goes back on
generator control detects it and the unit shuts down.  This unit also has a
timer that runs it once a week to keep everything lubed etc.  Has a
maintenance charger for the starter battery built in and safety shutdowns
for low oil pressure etc.

They're not quiet.  Don't know in comparison to other brands, but I guess
part of the decision is which would you rather have?  Electricity backup or
silence?

Steve Marti