<VV> valve adjusting

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 4 01:51:09 EDT 2006

> Mike, the best way to sense 0 lash is when you cannot rotate the pushrod
> anymore between your fingers.

Sorry Andy but that's how people get messed up.
Zero lash is when the rocker just makes contact with both the valve and the
pushrod. Get the pushrod seated in the lifter properly and the rocker nut on
so you can see one thread, then:
Twist the pushrod a tiny bit back and forth between the thumb and forefinger
of one hand while turning the nut down slowly. As soon as the pushrod goes
from freely turning to having a slight drag, THATS zero lash.
My fingers are strong enough to turn the pushrod even if the lifter is
bottomed out so that doesn't work.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun