<VV> valve adjusting

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 4 03:01:08 EDT 2006

So, if I have it right....  On an engine that has been run and you are
checking the adjustment... run the engine first in order to pump up the
lifters before attempting adjustment.  On a rebuilt engine which you do not
want to run before adjustment, you must not have "wooden fingers" as I was
accused of a couple of months back.  You need to be able to feel the
resistance of the "light" spring which is built into the lifters.

Any corrections?

Later, JR
Past, present and future posts to Virtual Vairs by this writer are for the
private use of Virtual Vair members only.  Reproduction, including
archiving, outside of the Virtual Vairs is specifically prohibited.  This
prohibition includes any portions of this writer's message which may
have been included in a response message by another VV member.