<VV> valve adjusting

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 4 12:18:52 EDT 2006

After reading all of the responses as to why my method for finding 0 lash
won't work, I now realize what Bob Helt, Shaun McGarvey and others were
saying. What I neglected to say in my description was that when the pushrod
cannot be turned with GENTLE rotational finger pressure, that is 0 lash.
I had no idea that some members of this forum had such strong fingers that,
when oily, they could turn a pushrod against a bottomed-out (collapsed)
lifter. I'll have to be careful if  ever have to shake hands with those
folks. <VBG>
Thanks for helping me clarify my omission.
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone
1966 180/4 Cord 8/10 #60