<VV> Question on YH throttle body clearance

Lorie Wood loriewood at thelearningpark.com
Wed Sep 6 02:37:00 EDT 2006

Hello to everyone,
	I am looking for some wisdom from the experts.  First, what is the
accepted "correct" distance for the separation between the carb/throttle
body on a YH carb ('63 Spyder)?  I have seen a couple of different setups
(one with two thin gaskets with a spacer in-between, and one with stacked
thicker gaskets.)  The second question is, How would an increase or decrease
in this area affect normal street driven performance?

I am currently reassembling my fuel system after a 5 month hiatus due to a
deployment (Navy), and unfortunately I did not reassemble the carb before I
left.  Just don't remember the spacing between the two, and seem to be
getting conflicting details/descriptions from the shop manuals and vendor
catalogs.

Thanks in advance,
Robyn Wood,
'61 Monza