<VV> Die! Dieseling Corvair, Die! explanation

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Sun Sep 10 16:41:02 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/10/2006 1:20:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

> Isn't it just that part of the combustion chamber (dirt, whatever) gets so
> hot that it ignites the fuel/air coming in, regardless that there is no
> electric spark to ignite it ?

Basically YES.   Rough spots in the casting of the chamber, oil deposits ,
carbon deposits [ less frequent with our current fuels]  all tend to
GLOW......too much will actually cause pinging while driving....

Advancing initial timing [ idle] keeps the cylinder walls cooler, and slower
idle speed draws less air/ fuel.

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!