<VV> Jacking and Jackstands

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Sep 11 10:47:44 EDT 2006

Generally, if jacking the front only I jack under the front
crossmember.  The rear I do under the rocker right at the door seam,
however I agree that this is inconvenient at times.  What I really need
to do is make a block to fit over the pinch weld, that would be best.
Jacking under the trailing arms right at the shock mount on a late
appears to work well, with a little care I think an early could go up
the same way (I usually use a block of wood between the jack and the
car no matter what).

With no power train you could jack the car right where the rear engine
mount bolts up (*not* on the mount itself) but you'd need a pretty tall
jack.  Really without the power train I'd think the box sections would
be strong enough basically anywhere (assuming not rusted out).

--Bryan