<VV> My Corsa's maiden voyage (Int. Corvair meeting Nancy France)

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Mon Sep 11 16:32:40 EDT 2006

This week my Corsa had it's first big trip. My wife and I went to the
international Corvair meeting in Nancy (France), which is a 1300 km
(800 miles) round trip for us. Quite a challenge for a car that has
never been used much since it's restoration. Most of you may remember
the fuel leakage problems the car previously had.  This year
everything seemed to be solved so we decided to go. Only 15 minutes
from home the almost new fan belt completely ripped apart. Not a good
start. The funny thing however was that from that point on the car
ran flawless. The only other thing that went wrong was the chrome
piece of the switch for the power top broke. Nothing serious and it
will still do the job.

It was a great meeting with something like 33 cars attending from
Switzerland, France, Germany and of course The Netherlands. We had
the best weather one could wish for. The previous weeks it was really
raining cats and dogs so this was weekend was a great treat! Our club
made the voyage with 7 cars and all made it back home safe. Only one
car got PG problems (doesn't shift to second gear anymore) but it
came home under his own power anyway. My wife and I won a price as
the team which had covered the biggest distance to be there. A nice
reward and certainly a memorable trip!

We'll write a story for the Communique and I hope to get some
pictures online.

Regards,

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands