<VV> Window scum

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 11 17:56:31 EDT 2006

For what it is worth again! I had some crud in the inside if my windshield that no solvent would touch it. I tried a very small amount of polishing compound and for sure the crud was gone.

Tony Underwood <tonyu at roava.net> wrote:
For what it's worth:

Some years ago, I was told by an old guy who ran a windshield glass
place here in town that the best glass cleaner he ever saw was
Dupont White polishing compound. He said he rubs it onto the glass
with a coarse sponge and lets it dry, then he rubs it off with a
piece of old towel. Usually it only takes one shot with the
compound to clean even a grimy limey windshield.

I tried it and it works. I was genuinely surprised with just how
well it actually does work. Even if a particularly nasty spot
doesn't come clean with the first application, it will with the second.

tony..

MIKE KOVACS