<VV> No Corvair- GM Transmission - Tow Question

Garth Stapon corvair2 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 11 22:51:09 EDT 2006

I have a car with a 1984 GM - 3 speed automatic transmission. I need to tow it.

I am considering a U-haul axel system that lifts two wheels off of the ground.

I have seen posts that indicate if a power glide car is towed it is necessary to leave the engine idling to circulate and cool the fluid.

Is this required with the newer transmission? My gut tells me yes.

I know that I can pick up the drive wheels and tow it backward, but my preference is to have the rear wheels on the ground if possible.

I want to do this because I think this will track better.

Also have seen posts that run a light into the cab that indicates the motor is running.

Where is a good spot to pick up a signal that indicates the motor is running.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Garth