<VV> HELP!... push rod tubes...

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 12 03:24:11 EDT 2006

I had this problem on a "rebuilt" engine I bought (pistons and guide plates
in backwards, always a good sign).  I could pull the pushrod tubes out of
their bores on some of them with no resistance at all, and not surprisingly,
they leaked. My solution was to buy ORV-211 O-rings from the local
industrial supply shop.  These are Viton and one size up from the Corvair
ORV-117 o-rings.

I took an old pushrod tube, cut the deeper/thicker end off and put it in a
lathe to spin it up.  Some 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper to bring it down to
size left me with a thick walled surface just slighty over the standard
size, and no more leaks!

Regards,
Joel