<VV> Corvair Fuel problem

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Tue Sep 12 12:58:46 EDT 2006

Once again I have made the simple seem complex.

Anyway I can bench test a pump?

This morning I took the pump off a running motor I have in the garage, from
a 65/110

That one came out easily.  Cleaned up the outsides.

Removed fittings and bolts off the one on my car.  Did not want to come out
or even rotate.  Needed a little leverage to get it to come off.  Needed a
magnet and a screwdriver to remove the pump rod (did not rotate the
motor).  But it was stuck in.    The pump rods were both square at the end
and the same length. The springs were the same also.  It did have gas in it.

Put the used pump in, still no gas flow.  Used a clear line so I could see
if fluid was being sucked in.

Charging the battery and will try cranking the motor for about a minute to
see if I have any joy.

Is it possible the problem lies on the other end, where the pump pushrod
rides on?