Fwd: <VV> engine noise

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 12:07:56 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/12/2006 2:11:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BobHelt at aol.com writes:

> There's still a really nasty knock or  clang.
> It's rythmic, sounds like one sound per revolution. I can't tell  where it's
> coming from, but sounds like it's internal. How do I find this  one?

Have you tried to use a mechanic's stethoscope or a long screwdriver with the
handle held to your ear as you place the time on (non-rotating) parts of the
engine to try to locate the noise.  You should be able to locate the noise as
to front,middle or back and left of right side.  Let VV know where you are and
maybe someone nearby can help you.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier