<VV> batteries discharging - starter cable shorting ?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Sep 13 08:27:33 EDT 2006

I have even seen this "glow in the dark" heater hose at a Corvair show!

Absolutely this is #1 to check when an early battery is dead.

Even a few layers of duct (k) tape on the solenid terminal will help, at
least until it falls off. Even though it is not stock, always put
something on the hose or terminal to keep them separated on an early
model. Note the late models learned from the earlies and used a hose
hanger in this location.

Frank DuVal