Language barrier, was: <VV> International Corvair meeting Nancy, France (pictures)

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed Sep 13 09:40:41 EDT 2006

Guus,

When I was over to visit Thomas in '01, he took me to the local repair
shop, where the gang had gathered that afternoon. There we were, five
germans and me, sitting around the office drinking beer and talking.
Except everyone was talking in german, and I couldn't understand a word!
LOL All I could do was sit there listening to the chatter, while tipping
a beer bottle. But at least I was having fun! (G)

Like one guy told me once when I asked how everyone understands one
another during a multi-country meet, "we all speak english then." Guess
that would put everyone at an equal disadvantage. ;o)

One of these days, I gotta make it back for one of your multi-club
meets! Ought to be a lot of fun.

-Mark