<VV> Yenko Stinger Book

C F DOERGE JR cdoerge1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 13 20:05:15 EDT 2006

Well, boys & girls..      The time has come. I recently bought & read Mark
Gillespie's great book "The Yenko Era", and it inspired me to get busy. My
lovely wife, Janice told me to go ahead and "do it" before I die.

SSSoooo, this is a last minute call for all of you who have been holding
back on supplying whatever information you may have. Mark's book was
excellent for all the paperwork and other remembrances he has had, but those
who have seen what I have done previously can attest to the amount of
information I have accumulated (ask James Rice about the 221 pages he had
already edited). Many were called and a good percentage have answered, but
there are still some "holes" and I know the information is still out there.

Photos, important "paper", email addresses, names, addresses, phone numbers,
magazine references, track programs, results sheets from various tracks,
Yenko promotional material, "The Stinger Registry" (with past and current
owners), personal acquaintances of Don, any history of Don, SCCA
information, current competitive Stinger racers, etc will all be included in
the book and this is your last chance to get it in print. There should be a
few surprises for all in the finished product...

I'm currently taking the contents of about a dozen Staples boxes and sorting
and filing for the final draft. I expect to go to a publisher within the
first 3 months of 2007. Should you wait that long? I may be finished by the
end of the year and go for a publisher in January. I'm not getting any
younger, and neither are you.

Please feel free to reach me by any of the following methods:

Address:           Charlie Doerge

                        1706 Certainty Dr.

                        Point Pleasant, NJ 08742-5225

Email:               cdoerge1 at verizon.net

Phone:              732-892-5070     (home)

                        732-598-2547     (cell)
PLEASE USE PHONE AS A LAST RESORT AS I AM HEARING IMPAIRED.

ANY and ALL information will be warmly received...
THANK YOU!!               Charlie