<VV> Jiffy Lube Scam (L.A. news)

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 00:06:24 EDT 2006

I've always avoided these types of places since I had a bad experience with
one in CA. They claimed they changed the filter, but I know they didn't.
Recently, I gave up changing the oil on our minivan, it's just too much of a  pain
in the butt. I took it to Wally world and suspect they didn't even change
the oil because it was still dirty. I also like how they are supposed to check
20 or so things like differential fluid.

Anyhow, now I take it to a local Quick Lube shop (I think it's owned by
Quaker State). It's a small shop and I can stand right in front of the car while
they do the work. The mechanic was very nice and friendly. I'll be going  back.

Ned