<VV> Jiffy Lube Scam - scams in general

mygroups mygroups at frontiernet.net
Fri Sep 15 08:17:36 EDT 2006

A local Chevy dealer told my female friend after an oil change on her
55K mile 3/4ton 4WD Chevy truck that all was well.

2 months later and 500 miles on paved, smooth roads she went back for a
transmission oil change. At that point they gave her a list of $1500
worth of front end repairs... Dangerous they said.

She had it checked somewhere else and nothing was wrong...

Same dealer messed up a friend's Saturn (broke a sparkplug) and had to
remove the head to repair. Actually tried to get the friend to split the
cost. Huh?

Am wondering how much bad dealers affect an automaker's quality
ratings... (bad repairs, unnecessary repairs, etc). I don't assume all
are bad but on the rare occasion a mechanic touches one of my cars (only
for tire and alignment work for the past 15 yrs) I stand outside the bay
doors and make conversation with them. They are well watched.

Chris