<VV> Re: secret serial number - others ?

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Sep 15 12:55:33 EDT 2006

OK, you got me.

But, we would know all we needed to know if we found a Corvair with the
"last half" of the VIN, although the rest of the VIN would tell us a little
more, like was it a 500, Monza or a Corsa, depending on the condition of the
"remains" that we found.

There is a myriad of info encoded into VINs, and driver license IDs, too,
for that matter, that may seem to the untrained eye to be random.

I never knew about this "secret VIN" hidden away.  Are there others ?

If I ever find my 1969 Monza convert (stolen in 1969) "reincarnated," I'd
like to be able to know it was mine, even if they changed the standard VIN
plate.