<VV> Re: I want an electric sports car - No Vair but rear "engined"

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Fri Sep 15 13:54:44 EDT 2006

You could buy an Elise and save 30k (the roadster is 80k or so except
the first 100 which were special and 100k).  But the Tesla will leave
the Elise in the dust in at minimum acceleration, likely braking,
maybe handling.  And it is silent which is fun.  And it looks
better.  If you have the money, would you rather show up with a car
that has pedestrian Toyota power, or an exotic brutal cutting edge
electric motor?

At 03:37 PM 9/14/2006, you wrote:

>If this is the different look - It's okay by me!  The Tesla   roadster.  -
>WOW!
>_http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/20/tesla-roadster-unveiling-in-santa-monica/_
>
>(http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/20/tesla-roadster-unveiling-in-santa-monica/)
>

>- Seth
>

>Hey Seth,
>
>Cool.....but.....
>
>Go buy a Lotus Elise and use the extra $50,000 dollars to buy gas.
>Let see....$50K @ 3.50/gal x ~25 mpg = 357,142  miles!
>
>or ....just take the xtra 50K and put it in the bank @ 5% and buy your gas
>for life with the interest of $2500/yr  @ 3.50/gal x ~25
>mpg  =17,857 miles/yr!
>
>Dave Fierek

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

Note the change in the domain from vicspdi.com to vicsmba.com !!!!

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!

http://www.vicsmba.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots
of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon and our 62 Spyder convertible.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/corvairs.html

My little brother Martin has started a very serious car company.  A
hot rod (very fast) electric roadster is the first offering.  The
chassis is built by Lotus to their specs.  Check it
out:  http://www.teslamotors.com