<VV> Scams - The "Flat Rate" book is the mechanics friend.

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Sep 15 16:35:48 EDT 2006

I agree with the former Jiffy Lube tech, that he may have worked for one of
the "good ones."

There must be good shops out there.

But that's not the point; the "bad apples" certainly DO exist, and those are
the ones we need to watch.

Unfortunately, we can't assume that they are all good ones, and must be
aware of what CAN be done to us if we are unaware, or maybe just "too nice"
(or not knowledgeable enough) to complain when we get victimized.

However, some (not all) will try to fool ANYone that they think they can
fool, which is anyone who hasn't proven that they can't be snowed.

Watch CBS / NBC / ABC uncover them almost on a daily basis, and notice how
hard it would have been for you to even have been aware that you were
snookered !

Further, if they know that you know their business, they will probably want
to send you someplace else.

Smart customers are nothing but trouble (although there once was ad on TV
saying how "Smart customers are their BEST customers."

I don't think even they believed that.

Now I hear a radio ad that says, "If we try THIS hard to get you business,
imagine how hard we will work to KEEP your business !"

People actually believe this stuff, it works, and as I've said before, they
are "fair game" and deserve what they get (or don't get.)