<VV> 1966 Manual Rear Antenna information

Brent Covey brentcovey at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:45:53 EDT 2006

Hi Guys,

I have an Oshawa Built 1966 Monza convertible that was originally ordered
like over half of Canadian '66 cars without a factory installed radio. I
believe this was the norm because the dealer radio kit installed by the lot
jockey made more $$$ for the dealer than factory ordering the radio- Rear
antennas were never factory installed in Canada on Corvair during 1966.

Anyhow, I am wondering about the specifics of the antenna used for a rear
antenna, looking at the one on my car, it sits about right and the bevelled
bezel that mates the antenna retaining nut to the fender above the gasket
bears the part number '3863220'. Is this the correct part? The mast on the
antenna is the 1965 style with the round telescoping mast which seems the
norm up here but might just be all those leftover '65 dealer radio kits. The
bezel is a much shallower rake than the front antenna bezels usually are,
about half as angled.

I'd be grateful for either confirmation or getting pointed at the right
part, if anyone knows what US jobs used I'd be grateful, perhaps the
assembly manual (my '66 version was lent out years ago) might have a part
number?

Thanks!
Brent Covey
Vancouver BC