<VV> Re: Nice Ride----- Cops --- No Corvair

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 21:49:27 EDT 2006

A couple of yrs. ago I was running  about 110 on I-10 up in the  Florida
Panhandle about 50 miles east of Tallahassee and had another SUV running  right
behind me.   Came up on a solid white Camaro coupe doing about  75 and saw 2
thick green stripes painted curving around the beltline just a few  inches onto
the cars rear.  Green stripes only came around the cars tail  about 6 or 8
inches and stopped.  Car had no other ID from the rear.   Recognition hit me that
this was a Sheriff's car  - causing me to really  test the Explorers brakes.
I was VERY relieved that he didn't pull us both  over.  I have since seen the
same car out there a couple of times even  though there are no towns anywhere
near that area.  Florida Hwy. Patrol  cars are black & creme and most Sheriff
cars are white with green lettering  but big Fords & Chevy 4 doors.

I HAVE seen all kinds of plain cop vehicles in many different colors lately
in Florida though - including burgundy SUV's.

COMMENT on wives as passengers:
Up until about 4 yrs. ago, my wife would tell me to pick up the pace  if I
dropped under about 90 mph out on the Interstates.  90 to 110 was  cruising
range for many, many years.  One of the reasons I married  her  :-)

Joe Dunlap
Lady Lake, Fl.
2 Corvairs & a buncha other stuff