<VV> Jiffy Lube Scam (L.A. news)

Dennis & Debbie PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Fri Sep 15 22:05:57 EDT 2006

I had just got the brier and was going to drive it across the continental
divide over to Montrose, CO.  I took it into Jiffy Lube for a lube job and
check the diff and trans.  I copied the sheet showing where all the fittings
were.  The guy in the pit was swearing up a storm about all the fittings
(13?).  I was kind of keeping and eye on him to the best I could from the
waiting room.  All of a sudden he was done and he never went to the back.  I
asked the manager, to verify they checked the trans and diff.  He went out
and talked to the guy in the pit and assured me he had.  I went to an
autoparts store on the way home and ought a couple of quarts of 80/90 and
checked the levels when I got home.  I put about a pint in both the trans
and diff.  I feel I'm entitled to bash Jiffy Lube any time any place.
They're pond scum in my mind.

dp