Mergers & buyouts-was <VV> The Brand New GM Mustang vs. the Ford Camaro (no Corvair)

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 11:08:07 EDT 2006

> It DID happen in the 50s....
> It reeks of "Packard-Studebaker" or "Nash-Hudson-Frazier"..... we both
> know
> what happened then... and again in the 80s with Chrysler's acquition of
> AMC
> (American Motors Corp, formerly Rambler, formerly Nash-Hudson-Frazier),
> which
> is  now Daimler-Chrysler.... General Ford Motors just doesn't have the
> same
> ring to  it...
> ;-)
> Later,
> Lonzo
Also, what happened and is happening in the heavy truck industry.  GMC sold
their heavy truck line to White, who got bought by Volvo.  Renault bought
Mack, Freightliner is part of the Daimler-Chrysler group, as is Western Star
and Sterling (former Ford heavy truck line).  Most recently, Volvo bought
Renault's heavy truck operation, which includes Mack.

Mike Ioanes

since this is getting so far away from Corvairs, posted to "talk" also