<VV> Oil leak diagnosis - cooler adapter?

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 22:21:43 EDT 2006

Thanks to all who sent suggestions on finding my oil leak. For such a small area, there sure are a lot of possibilities!  I plan to attack it with brake cleaner and close scrutiny (may try the flour dusting if the leak is hard to find). As soon as I figure it out, I'll post the final outcome.

  > I've been chasing an oil leak on my daughter's Spyder. Park it and it
> drips from the bottom of the nut catcher and LH lower shroud. Fairly
fast
> "nuisance" leak, probably a few drops an hour.
>
>  There are no puddles inside the shroud. I see oil forming in the
crack
> between the left hand side of the nutcatcher and the LH lower shroud.
Once
> it collects enough oil, it disappears and reappears as a drop on the
> bottom of the nutcatcher or shroud.

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on