<VV> Do you have one 4 sale?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Sep 19 08:29:12 EDT 2006

I thought all FC's had the '60 style rubber washer mount for the rear of
the engine. Did this change in '64?

And, if you add A/C to a '61 to '63 car you seek out the '64 bracket, so
the holes should be in the same place. This is why the '64 bracket is
sought after. The '64 bracket has the deep dish to clear the harmonic
balancer. The sheet metal cover over this bracket and the other straps
back there are also '64 only.

Of course I have seen two late brackets with a center hole drilled
between the existing two holes. Late engine installed in early model. It
looks weak and there is no slot for rear toe adjustment!

Frank DuVal