<VV> Tire Rotation?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 16:16:03 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/19/2006 11:05:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
slowboat at mindspring.com writes:

Thanks,  Bill. That's what happens when you rely on old habits (which are SO
hard to  change!) <G>.
Although I must admit there's still a seed of suspicion  in the back of my
mind that a tire company is not impartial, or motivated  to help increase
tire life.
Andy (suspicious by nature)  Clark

That said, Andy, they are probably quite concerned with tire failure
(Firestone 500s, anyone?) and I think the failure mode of the old radial tires  when
"improperly rotated" - after the belts had taken a set, wasn't increased
wear. I think it was belt separation and castatrophic failure (if at speed).  They
must be quite convinced that changing rotation direction is within the
performance range of the tire design. Of course, all of my performance cars - my
Corvair included - have different wheel & tire sizes from front to rear. So
much for rotation!  - Seth