<VV> Do you have one 4 sale?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Sep 19 21:50:30 EDT 2006

No the FC mount didn't change.  That's why the FC has a special part -
just like you would need for a '60.  You see, the '64 engine mount also
has the bolt moved back for extra clearance with both A/C *and* the
balancer.  Since the FC kept the same bolt location, that '64 part
doesn't quite fit.  However, the FC was never offered with A/C, thus it
really didn't need as much clearance, so the clever Chevy engineers
re-used the bracket they made for the '61 - '63 A/C equipped cars.  It
will clear a harmonic balancer but still has the hole centered to mate
with the original position bolt.

Why do I know this?  Because our Greenbrier has a late car engine but
came with a '64 engine mount bracket and I couldn't get the rear toe in
spec (that's why the hole is slotted, you see).  Thanks much to Bob
Marlow for explaining to me what part I was looking for.

--Bryan