<VV> Resolution: regulator/alternator check

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 22:07:43 EDT 2006

"...I do  NOT recommend the old--Disconnect the Pos Battery Cable when the
engine is  running stuff..."

Hank...yes, with both a Safeguard and an Allison/Crane ignition, I opted  to
NOT power the field (I suspect an alternator test station must have a
controlled, variable voltage supply for the field.). Rather, having both a spare
regulator and alternator, I first tried the easy thing: the regulator; of  course
it was the alternator,

Thanks Hank, and to others who responded.

Mike Mauro