<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 20, Issue 107

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed Sep 20 11:12:21 EDT 2006

Danny,

I have exactly that same car. And NO that 24 degree advance is NOT a
misprint. It's the real thing. That combo is the only other Corvair
other than the turbo that used it, too. But remember that the car was
built when "premium" was really high octane. Not something you can get
today, unless you're buying racing fuel. I used to run my car on 24
degrees advance and Sunoco 260, which was as good as you could get back
then. It ran without knocking, and it ran like a scalded dog! Even
though the a/c and convert body was the heaviest combo you could get, it
still would blow the doors off any other non'67 110 glide I ever had
(and I've had 3 dozen Corvairs). BTW, my car is very original, with only
33,000 miles on it still.

>From here on I'll let the mechanical gurus take over, as there's better
mechanics on here than me. And incidently, I still have to run "premium"
or what passes for it these days. But the best I can run it is about
14-16 degrees advance.

-Mark

P.S. FWIW, you have a really rare combo there. Only 1396 a/c cars in
'67, and who knows how many of those were converts. Be proud of it! :o)
You've got the best of the best, IMHO.