<VV> Re: Timing, Distributor, Carbs, Vacuum Problems???

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Wed Sep 20 15:02:33 EDT 2006

Danny Barber writes...

<snip start of long list of parts>

My wires are new 8mm silicone, and new plugs(although, I may need to check current firing condition of plugs).

<snip end of long list of parts>

Danny, some people on this list swear by Bosch platinum plugs.  Even more people on this list swear AT them.  If you're using the platinum plugs (or even if you're not), I suggest you swap them for the regular Bosch plugs.  They go by part number W8AC or 7502.  For about six dollars you can put a set in and see if that cures what sounds to me like a misfire-under-load problem.

Welcome to the list, good luck, and let us know what the answer turns out to be.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (Ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm