<VV> Early Chevies-Now Roadmaster - very little CORVAIR

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 18:15:06 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/20/2006 5:40:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

It had  the original strange column shift  pattern
PNDLR.

Seth,
Back when I had my 1950 Buick Roadmaster it also had that shift quadrant,
with Reverse being next to Low... (but it was a first generation Dynaflow,
a.k.a. Dyna-SLOW)... I remember reading the owner's manual where it gave
instructions on how to get "un-stuck" if you drove off the road and started  spinning
your wheels... it said to gently attempt to rock the car by switching  from L
to R to L to R and once you start moving do NOT gun the engine but apply  a
light brake if you start spinning again...
I think the shift quadrant change was one of Ralphie's points in his book,
wasn't it? Not that he had anything to do with the change, but I think he did
complain about it... after the fact...
Anyway, I just thought I'd share...
I had to replace the dimmer switch in my 69 today... I was driving it  Sunday
evening and was going to flash my high beams at a guy with 6 lights on  his
truck and ALL the lights went out.... talk about a kick in the pants!  Anyway,
all is well now... I stomped on it a few times with my size 16 and it  started
working again, but now there's a new one in there.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg