<VV> Early Chevies - NO CORVAIR - hiding the gas filler pipe in the fifties

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Thu Sep 21 01:51:48 EDT 2006

At least hiding the gas filler pipe in the fifties was fun, watching them
try to find them on my father's car.

It was a big game then, to make it hardest to find.

Hiding gas filler pipes and more recently, window switches, is not as
hazardous as making it hard to get out of someone else's car, since they
seem to be playing the same game now with seat belts and door latches.

It's fun to talk about, but what happens when you really need to exit
someone else's car ?

The news the other night reported an astute shopping center security guard
who notice a "Help ! Call 911" sign in the window of a new Cadillac. (How
many people leave the sun shields up without regard for the "warnings"
printed on them !)

Anyway, it turns out that two elderly ladies car battery dies and they could
not get out of their electronic-locked car, in So Cal heat, easily 110
degrees.  (My car has gone as high as 135 degrees when it was 102 outside)

Should they design a fail safe that unlocks the doors when the battery dies
?  Would this make the mfgr liable for stolen cars ?