<VV> Re: Saturn Sky HUMOR NO CORVAIR

Norm Witte norman.witte at comcast.net
Fri Sep 22 05:07:01 EDT 2006

Well, it seems awfully light for a planet....

So I calculated it for a sky.  The Saturn Sky is 161.1 inches by 71.4 inches, which gives a total surface area of 79.87875 square feet.  I may be rusty here but from my high school science class I seem to recall that a column of air one foot square weights 14.7 lbs., give or take for barometric pressure, which would make 79.87875 square feet of sky 1,174.218 lbs., or about 1,758.782 lbs. less than 2,933 lbs.  So the Sky weighs 1,758.782 lbs. too much.

Ask Doctor Science!

--
Norm Witte
DeWitt, Michigan

The Internet: a fantastic new technology that combines the accuracy of fourth-hand hearsay with the excitement of typing.

From: Bill Elliott <corvair at fnader.com>