<VV> gas fillers - no vair

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 10:33:57 EDT 2006

My favorite memory is a guy with an old 2dr. Suburban....one filler
neck....but the selector valve on the floor next to the drivers seat...anyone remember
those?

Guy came in for weeks ....$2 in...wait while he moved the little brass
lever.....$1...

I was on the island one day when I saw this....and inquired as to what he
"thought" he was doing..."adding some fuel to my reserve tank", was his reply.

After explaining why that wasn't so, he told me I didn't know anything, as he
had the vehicle for over a year and it always works!  Run out.....flip
lever...engine restarts....drive on...

A few weeks later it came in on the Hook.....said he needed a fuelpump...so I
put it up on the rack and showed him the 2nd small tank under the floor
behind the drivers seat....no filler hose showing!  But a nice fuel line gong over
to the valve!

We emptied all the junk out of the back...uncovering the little flip
door.......popped it up and low and behold....an nice chrome gas cap......sold him 2
"fillups" instead....

Matt Nall