<VV> Carb Float settings

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Sep 24 14:07:31 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/24/2006 10:54:55 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
rlefley-hean at cogeco.ca writes:

I am  rebuilding the carbs on a 1965 110 engine. Clarks say to set the float
level  to 1 1/8" and the book says to set to 1 13/64". Also do you measure to
the  seam on the float or to the side of it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks  Ray.

Ray,
The book says 1-1/16 in. Not 1-13/64.
Clark's recommends a slightly lower fuel level to avoid fuel sloshing and
dripping from the cluster at an idle due to our current gasolines.
Try the book first and if troubles are encountered, use Clark's  setting.
Regards,
Bob Helt