<VV> L/M rain deflector

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Sep 25 10:12:32 EDT 2006

Sounds like it. It prevents water coming into the cowl trough from
entering the fresh air intake for the a/c blower. Without it water would
pour straight into the passenger compartment. It's a stamped piece
that's sealed across the top edge with strip caulking, and held in place
with two sheet metal screws. The blower housing is mounted over top of
it all.

It's but one of the many "small" pieces that are often missed when
people part out a car. Yet it's very much a vital one. Thus it's hard to
come by anymore.

-Mark