<VV> Car Show Judging

Mike Jacobi mvjacobi at comcast.net
Mon Sep 25 12:46:21 EDT 2006

Hi

This "win or die" mentality is not unique to the vair community.  I see it in most of the shows and judged cruise in I've attended.

I got totally grossed out by the unabashed greed of some car owners, for a three dollar trophy that says they're the best, when they know they really arn't.

Kind of like someone pinning on heroism medals when they never left the country.

But there is really no cure for it, because there is no way to examine someone's heart.  So I go for the fellowship and the fun, and don't even enter the judging.  I still get to drive my favorite car and to talk about it and to visit with others who love my hobby as much as I do.....and I can just ignore all the frustration brought on by unsportsmanlike conduct.

After all, no one is drawing a wage for this, right?  I mean its all for fun.

Just thinking out loud.

Mike J
Vairforce One
63 Monza Vert
58 Volks beetle
now 69 Buick Skylark

"There are two ways of reasoning with a liar....and neither work"