<VV> hub caps dagnabbit

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Sep 25 14:58:12 EDT 2006

A couple of months ago I posted here seeking answers to a squeak problem I was having.  It ended up being the right rear wheel bearing.  I decided at the time to change the left side too just because, and we actually scheduled a club tech session to do it this past weekend.   Well the change went fine but on the test drive I had a squeek!!  It's not fair, I thought it was the bearing or seals or something.  Nope, it was the hubcap.  The ding dang hubcap.  What's up with that?  One of them seemed to not sit flush with the wheel but other than that it caused no problems.  Now it works itself loose.  I pulled it off before it came flying off.

So why is it doing this?  Is there anything I can do to fix it of do I need to bum a hubcap off one the hoarders in our club?  Goofy old cars.