<VV> Re: Car Show Judging vs. Moving events

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 18:09:45 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/25/2006 2:14:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mopar at jbcs2.net writes:

And as a  promotor, I have had people get in my face complaining about their
class,  or another car that is in their class, or some silly thing I really
do not  have much control over. And I have under extreme circumstances, told
people to leave, and sometimes in not very kind terms. threatening if
needed, damage to their cars, or having them towed and them arrested for
trespassing.

As Bob Dylan said "When ya ain't got nothin, ya got nothin' to lose." - I
almost always show a car I bring to a Convention (When I do bring  one!<grin>)
if only to show off my own efforts and inspiration. I expect  folks to
recognize and respect my work, but (with a few exceptions) I don't  really care about
their evaluations. That is why I like moving events. When the  green flag
drops, the BS stops. Yes, there have been a few allegations of  questionable
pieces on a few cars, and there is always somebody shopping for a  small (or empty)
class to get a trophy. But basically, you can't argue with  the clock. If I
lose on the clock, I have nobody to blame - but myself. - Seth  Emerson