<VV> Re: Car Show Judging

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Sep 25 19:47:03 EDT 2006

Please, please, please tell us this did NOT happen at Corvair events.  I know have our less savory members but I can't believe any of people I've met could even come close to this kind of behaviour.

I have seen people who have gotten a lot more worked up over some competition or another than they really should.  I know of a couple of people who weren't happy with one another for a while over the longest drive award.  (They disagreed on how the distance travelled was defined - the new method seems to put the kybosh on that).

I know there are people who only participate in shows to win but personally I get a lot of satisfaction over just participating.  I ran an autocross for the first time ever at this year's convention and I didn't know my times until the Communique came out with them.  Now I put nothing into my car, I just drove it as is so I had nothing to prove I suppose, but I had a BLAST just driving the course and watching all the other crazy people drive.

mike

> <snip>
> But..................as both a participant and promotor I have seen the bad
> in people. I have seen ballot boxes stuffed, I have seen the vote for your
> buddy system, I also once watched a guy smash his second place award on the
> ground because he was PO'd he didn't get first.
<snip>
 Sometimes it is needed.