<VV> lm rear hub nut torque ?

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Wed Sep 27 15:25:42 EDT 2006

I just looked in the same places and saw the same things.  Just curious--did
you get new bolts?  I would torque them to spec.  Anything requiring that
kind of twist I would replace rather than reuse.

I don't remember ever breaking a new grade 8 bolt with a regular torque
wrench.  I don't think torquing it to spec is going to hurt anything, and if
it was a misprint I am sure it would have made it into the bulletin.
Considering that these bolts are basically holding the wheel on the car, I
think it would be a mistake to under-torque them.

Norm