<VV> lm rear hub nut torque ?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Sep 28 02:23:17 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/27/2006 12:05:30 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

The 65  shop manual says that the torque for the rear bearing hub nuts is
100-150  ft-lbs.  That can't be right.  They're smaller than the wheel lugs  so
maybe 3/8 or 7/16ths.  I've got the Service News updates but I  couldn't find
any updated/corrected torque value for these guys.  I  torqued them to 50
ft-lbs because that "felt" right.   So far so  good but I'd like to know what
they're supposed to be.

Mike,
You are confusing HUB nuts with LUG nuts.   Look for the torque  spec on LUG
nuts.
Regards,
Bob Helt