[Fwd: Re: <VV> Gas prices (no Corvair)]

Eric Kirven efki at gte.net
Sat Sep 30 01:21:28 EDT 2006

  How many of you know how many gallons in a barrel of oil?. How about
all the taxes you pay per gallon? Do we have a God given right to drive
vehicles that get 10 miles per gallon at 75 miles per hour? We waste
fuel and wonder why we have to pay so much. When the gas crunch hit in
the 70's Carter dropped the highway speed limit to 55. Asked people to
conserve. We showed we could reduce our dependence on foreign oil. We
bought oil for $5 a barrel for so long we think we deserve it. Are you
going to buy their sand when their oil runs out?

Then there is the issue of trying to get permits to build new
refineries. Most people want to drive, but don't want a refinery
anywhere near them.

My daily driver is a 2003 Honda because I saw this coming back then. Is
there U.S. car that gets averages 35 mpg?

Eric