<VV> Gas prices (no Corvair)]

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 30 09:55:28 EDT 2006

Good one Dave, many people buy American made "foreign" cars without
realizing it.

Eric, check the first digit of your VIN number. I bet it is not a J, but
a 1,2, 3 or 4 .

J would indicate Japan as the country of origin.

The numbers are for North American plants!

Another digit indicates the exact assembly plant.

      VIN Character 1 - Manufacturing Country Codes

      1 or 4

      2

      3

        USA